3 days participants
• Early Bird: 1 September 2017 (Abstract Submission deadline: 15 September 2017)
• Standard: 1 October 2017
1st day open to the public registration mandatory by 1 October 2017 – English/French translation provided
Cocktails, coffee breaks & meals will be provided to all registered participants.
SwissTech Convention Center, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
How to get there
It is strongly recommended to use public transportation
We highly suggest that public transportation is used as parking is limited (and costly).
For those staying in the hotels, a FREE transportation card will be given throughout the stay valid for the bus and / or the metro in Lausanne.
Arriving by Train
You can reach the EPFL by arriving either at the Lausanne train station or at the Renens train station.
See the Swiss Railway website for details and timetables.
From the Lausanne train station to the SwissTech Convention Center EPFL: (~30min)
Cross the road from the Station, then take the Metro M2 (direction Epalinges, Croisette) and stop at Lausanne-Flon, then take the Metro M1 that will take you to the EPFL stop that is next to the Swiss Tech Convention Center.
From the Renens train station to the EPFL: (approx. 17min)
You can directly take the Metro M1 which starts in the train station, located next to Track 1, and will take you to the EPFL Stop. As Renens is the terminus of the metro, you needn’t worry about which direction to take it in.
Arriving by Car
• From Airport Geneva-Cointrin, take highway A1 to Lausanne. Take exit 2 toward Saint-Sulpice / Ecublens / EPFL
• From Airport Zurich-Kloten, take highway A1 to Bern. Then follow A12 – A9 to Lausanne. Then follow instructions above
• From Airport Basel-Mulhouse, follow highway A3 to Basel. Then take A2 – A1 to Bern and after A12 – A9 to Lausanne.
You can use Google Maps to orient yourself towards the EPFL campus by entering the address of the conference (bottom of this page).
List of hotels (negotiated rates)
- Please contact the hotel directly
- Specify LSS2017 in your booking to benefit from the negotiated EPFL rates
- Number of rooms are limited
Guidelines for submitting an abstract
- Register & buy your ticket and tick “I want to present an abstract”
- After completing registration, you will receive an email with personal login information which will allow you to modify your abstract until September 15, (22.00 UTC)
- If you haven’t heard from us within 7 days after submission, your abstract has been accepted
- The 3 selected posters will be invited for a flash-talk presentation (3 mins.)
- Boards will be assigned for presenting your posters in the main hall of the Swiss Tech Convention Center
- Poster format is: A0 (841×1189 mm) vertical
- Abstract submission deadline: 15 September 2017
Frequently Asked Questions
Does registration include accommodation and travel?
Does registration include any insurance?
Where is my entrance ticket(s)/badge(s)?
Can I transfer my ticket(s) to someone else?
What are the cancellation conditions?
– please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help you